We had the house inspected yesterday. Our preliminary concerns:
- Heaved sidewalk when entering the yard to the side door - trip hazard
- Garage door only opened 1.5 feet - problem (especially since they need to move their old car out of it)
- Age of furnace: 27
- Age of air conditioner: 21
- Age of hot water heater: 12
- Rotten floorboard (but completely dry now), about 1ft x .5ft under the bathroom - needs to be repaired
- Microwave above oven wasn't plugged in
- Vent for hot water heater was misaligned from asbestos vent - needs to be realigned and sealed
- Trim around roof, windows, doors needs to be repainted - severely flaking off
- Couldn't open the upstairs bedroom door.
We also talked to the banker today about our mortgage options. We went with our original choice, 80/15 with 5 down. The monthly payment is going to be about $100 less than we were counting on - a plus, for sure!