Wednesday, March 12, 2008

day 1 of possession

demonic? No.

We got word from our realtor that Andrea, the previous owner, was to be out by 5:30 Tuesday, so we scampered to get the supplies and start ripping out carpet.

Now, I knew that ripping out carpet isn't just ripping out the carpet, but I had no idea that it would take so long to remove the neverending staples.

Seriously - neverending.

My dad came down to help us. He spent nearly the entire evening, 9 - 12:30, pulling out staples.

We're all tired. I'm sure my dad is sore as all get out, and we've got more staple pulling, molding removal, and vacuuming ahead of us before we can start sanding. And by us, I mean Dennis and Dad, because I'm at work until noon today. I'll then join them, and I'm praying that they're done with the staples by then...

No comments: