Tuesday, September 23, 2008

beautiful autumn

It's fall! Far and away my favorite season.

I was lucky enough to spend the weekend enjoying the lovely weather in Michigan. Mom and I traveled up Friday night and stayed with Ellorie and Jason. Saturday was the Larson family baby shower. It was a blast. We played a name game - Uncle Pete was just putting sounds together I think. Clamota...Macabun? Those aren't names...

It was great to see most of the extended family. I miss the family get-togethers of old. Now that we're down in Columbus and Dennis teaches on the weekends, it's harder and harder to get up for the big parties. I'm sure it's not going to be any less challenging starting in 7.5 weeks either...

I met Owen, my cousin's January baby, for the first time and met Jack, his 2-year old brother, for the second time. They're dolls. The family let me know that my baby will be rejected from the family if it's not equally adorable. I'm betting that it will at least have blue eyes and light hair like Jack and Owen.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again...

No comments: