Wednesday, September 17, 2008

powering down...

I think it's time for me to admit that my energy level is dropping pretty substantially. I don't think it's lack of sleep, because I've been doing good in that area save for a random night here and there. The wind storm and associated power outage helped get back on track in that area...

Ike hit us from 3-8 on Sunday with wind, at times at tornado speeds. No damage to our property or that of anyone else on our block, thankfully. Well, other than poor Melinda and Rick's car. A limb fell and smashed the back window, leaving a sizable dent on the roof and trunk. They're our alley neighbor, living on the next street over and one house down. Their little guy, Kindred, was born just a week after we moved in in April. He's such a happy baby - and HUGE!

Another interesting pregnancy development. To add to my new banana allergy, I'm also now allergic to sterling silver jewelry. My stand-in wedding ring (since my real one is a little too snug for comfort now) gave me some blisters. Jason, bro-in-law extraordinaire, is suggesting trying titanium for the next metal. That will hopefully last me until mid-November...and then until my fingers go back down .5 size.

I think that's it for now. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Larson clan this Saturday! I'll update everyone on the party and the shower (and the trip to Ikea!) sometime next week.

Peace!

No comments: