Tuesday, April 8, 2008

updates/being bored

I'm bored, so here's a family update.

I'm now officially over morning sickness. I, most gratefully, thank anyone who prayed or sent any sort of vibe my way about this one. I never actually got farther than nausea, if you know what I mean, but that was enough to make it nearly unbearable. So here I am, at 9 or 11 weeks pregnant, with no nausea. What's a girl to do?

Well, for one, try to drink lots of water. I'm a pretty good water drinker ordinarily, but I'm amazed at how un-often I hit the recommended daily intake of water. It's definitely possible for me to drink that much, but I really have to try. If you see me out on the street, and I'm not taking a drink of water, just give me a little reminder. Together, we can hit that daily quota...I'm sure of it.

Next Tuesday is Tax Day! And the big ultrasound day. We'll find out if my dread is unfounded about twins. Man, we are really not ready for two infants. Just one, please. Of course, a blog post will happen almost the instant we leave our 1:00 p.m. appointment. That'll be by 2:30, I hope. The less sick time I have to take off now, the more I have to piggyback on my regular paid maternity leave later.

We haven't purchased any baby items yet. So far we have: a sock tiger (a la sock monkey), a really soft white and green blanket, a toy (i can't think of what it is right now), 2 bibs, and I think there's something else - sorry if you gave the baby something that I can't remember right now.

Oh yeah, and Dennis is doing great.

No comments: